Thursday, February 18, 2010

Valentines





The week before Valentines Day Lily and I made salt dough heart ornaments. I have to say that it was one of the best little projects we have done in a while. Lily used the little kid sized rolling pin that my parents got her and she actually rolled out the salt dough all on her own (and was able to use the cookie cutters on her own a few times with sucess)- she did such a great job! And in case you are wondering all you need to make salt dough is a 2 cups of flour, 1 cup of salt, and 1 cup of water. Mix and bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes (we also let them dry out by the wood stove for a day or two). Then a few days after Lily and I painted the ornaments. We painted for over an hour and Lily could have kept going for a lot longer if we hadn't run out of hearts to paint. I had no idea that she loved painting so much, but now that I now we will be doing this much more!

2 comments:

The Good Harvest Homestead said...

Brenna LOVES painting but it's such a mess! lol I wish we could paint more but I'm waiting til summer and I can get both of the girls painting outside! (and hose them off too! hehe)

Smith Family said...

What a fun project.