Thursday, July 31, 2008
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Even though strawberry picking with Lily was a challenge I just can't resist berries (and they are so cheap to pick your own here)! So with my mom and dad (otherwise known as Grammy and G-Pa) who are up for a visit we decided to try raspberries this time! Thankfully this little adventure was far more fun! Lily had a great time wandering up and down the paths, putting rocks in her bucket, and eating just about every berry she could get her hands on (I kid you not I bet she ate a whole pint)! It took me a while to really pick any (as Lily would eat them as soon as I picked them- check out her little red face in the picture)- but with four of us it went quickly. Joe is planning to make some jam (although we have canned before this would be the first attempt at jam) and my mom and I are planning to make a raspberry swirl cheesecake tonight (if it turns out I'll post the recipe)! And I'm already looking forward to berries in my cereal in the morning! Yum Yum
Sunday, July 27, 2008
So, while we were in Bar Harbor on the project Joe agreed that we could get a pool for Lily. If you know me you know that I spent way too much time looking online for just the right (fun) pool! I found this "Monkey" pool that I thought she would love- it has a sprinkler on it and a banana slide- fun right? Well, I ordered it, waited for it to arrive, set it all up and just waited for the squeals of joy from my little water bug. And there were squeals- well more like shreaks-of terror! Yes, she was totally terrified of the monkey head- wouldn't go anywhere near the pool. After three attempts over two days we gave up, returned the fun pool and purchased a simple baby pool. And she loves it. Maybe simple is better.
Saturday, July 26, 2008
Friday, July 25, 2008
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Lily got her 1st car yesterday! It was a birthday present from her Nonnie and Grampy (it just took us a little bit to get it and put it together)! Right now she is much more interested in getting in and out of it (and opening the door) than actually "driving" it!
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
(They both loved this little rocking chair!)
Lily just loved playing with her Cousins Brenna (who's only 3 weeks older) while at camp! It was hard to get a good picture of the two of them since they were always on the move- but this gives you an idea!
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Saturday, July 19, 2008
10 Thing I Discovered at Camp:
1. My nephew Jeremy can do an incredible Loon call- and the loons respond- so cool!
2. A mom of a one year old can finish an entire book (not about parenting)!
3. That I love to cook when someone else is doing the dishes and cleaning up my mess- thanks to Mom and Dad Cousins and Marianne for doing all the camp dishes!
4. That even the coldest lakes in Maine aren't so bad as long as you keep moving!
5. That as much as Lily loves playing in the sand- just add a little water and I think she enjoys playing in the mud even more!
6. From the outlook at the top of Bald Mountain I discovered that Maine is more mountainous than I knew- incredibly beautiful!
7. That I'm not bad luck in fishing after all- I caught my first brook trout!
8. That chess is hard. Joe taught me to play, but I'm just plain bad at it!
9. That little girls (namely mine) love other little girls (namely her cousins Brenna and Maggie). Adorable!
10. And finally I discovered that, like many things (but not all) camp is just as much fun (maybe more) with a little one! How great it is to watch her discover things!