Friday, November 1, 2013

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween!
We carved pumpkins and before the kids could even get their costumes on it was raining.  Dreary and rainy. So we took some quick pictures inside (bummer), I tucked my camera away (no raindrops on my camera),  had an easy dinner, and headed off to our church for Trunk or Treat.  It was actually raining so much that they moved it indoors.  Then we hit up a couple of our neighbors that we know well and Liam and I decided that it was a little too rainy for a baby to be outside so we went home while Joe took Lily and Eli around the neighborhood a little bit more.  I heard that they took the rain in stride (I guess it's worth it when there is candy involved) but they didn't stay out too long!  Instead they headed home to partake in some of their candy stash!
The kids actually let me off easy this year.  Despite offers to buy or make many other costumes Lily insisted on being a beaver and using the mask and tail I made for her birthday party...
Halloween5 (1 of 1) Halloween6 (1 of 1) And Eli was perfectly happy to be a monkey which was a hand me down costume that we already had but never used. Well, he was perfectly happy to be a monkey until the moment we were getting his costume on Halloween night...that's when he decided that he really wanted to be a pirate! Sadly I had to explain to him that that wasn't an option at that point...and thankfully he was okay still being a monkey (it suits him well)! Halloween15 (1 of 1) Halloween16 (1 of 1)
And Liam...well, he didn't have much say in the matter, but he was pretty happy borrowing the pea pod outfit that my mom made for Eli when he was a baby. And oh my was he one of the sweetest peas ever!:) Halloween4 (1 of 1) Halloween3 (1 of 1) Halloween2 (1 of 1) 
And our pumpkins were nice and simple this year too... Halloween14 (1 of 1)  
Lily's
Halloween13 (1 of 1) 
Mine
 Halloween12 (1 of 1)
Liam's (yes, that's a pacifier in it's mouth) Halloween10 (1 of 1)
Eli's
 Sadly I didn't get a picture of Joe's pumpkin...it was a fun, scary face hanging from one of the trees in our front yard (complete with a wire to pull to make it move). I only didn't get a picture because it was raining so hard (and the rest of the pumpkins got moved to the covered part of the front porch). It was a rainy, dreary Halloween but a happy one! Halloween9 (1 of 1)

No comments: