Thursday, January 31, 2013

Epicenter!

A week and a half ago I was able to once again go down on my own (while Joe and the kids stayed home) to Epicenter- the Cru winter conference for the Northeast.  We had a good group of students from Maine who went and my job during the conference (other than leading our students) was to photograph the conference.  I was nervous about going this year because I was still feeling so crummy with the pregnancy.  Thankfully there was another photographer helping me so I was able to have decent breaks and time off.  I'm not sure how I would have done it otherwise because while I enjoyed the conference I was totally exhausted.  I missed a lot of time with students and friends after the evening sessions because I just needed more sleep than normal.  But it was worth it because our students loved it and learned so much about the Lord and surrendering their lives to Him.  And no matter how tired I am there is just nothing like worshiping with a group of almost 500 others who are truly seeking the Lord and His glory!  Here's just a glimpse of the conference:

Epicenter13 (1 of 1) Worship Epicenter3 (1 of 1) Epicenter5 (1 of 1)  Epicenter16 (1 of 1) 
Speakers who are as entertaining as they are challenging and Gospel focused! Epicenter18 (1 of 1) Epicenter28 (1 of 1) Epicenter32 (1 of 1) Epicenter33 (1 of 1) Epicenter35 (1 of 1) Epicenter36 (1 of 1) 
An amazing speaker for our women's time...who also happens to be my dear friend and my roommate for the week!:) Epicenter37 (1 of 1) Women! Lots of them...opening up about hard stuff late at night...grace and truth at it's best! Epicenter38 (1 of 1) Faith Wave5 (1 of 1) Faith Wave11 (1 of 1) Faith Wave13 (1 of 1) Faith Wave12 (1 of 1) Digital outreach...giving a few hours to reach out in new and creative ways to those near and far! Faith Wave4 (1 of 1) Faith Wave18 (1 of 1) Faith Wave19 (1 of 1) Faith Wave21 (1 of 1)
Students sharing their testimony...written, in video, online...so cool! Faith Wave21 (1 of 1) Faith Wave22 (1 of 1) Faith Wave24 (1 of 1) Faith Wave30 (1 of 1) Faith Wave28 (1 of 1) Faith Wave31 (1 of 1)
I can only pray that the Lord would build upon what He did during this conference to change these students and those around them forever!

No comments: