Monday, March 16, 2009

A New Basement!

Before


After


All of our outdoor gear neatly organized!

Our decorations/laundry/misc. area

Bins and bins of clothes that Lily has outgrown!

Open space!

This is the area that might become our office/playroom

Just last week Joe said he felt like our house was closing in on us. In particular our basement was a total disaster. It was dark, dingy, and full of stuff (ours and our ministry's). I am not exagerating when I say you could barely walk down there! So while Joe was away leading a Lifelines retreat for 3 days and 3 nights this weekend I decided to suprise him with a total overhaul of our basement! It was a daunting task, but I went to work every chance I got for 3 days (during nap time, after Lily's bed time, etc...)- I think I put in close to 15 hours of work! And each night when I just didn't feel like going down to the basement one more time I reminded myself of how suprised and excited Joe would be when he saw it. And after 3 days of cleaning, organizing, and throwing things away I accomplished the impossible- I fit all of our things in one half of our basement!!! This leaves the other half to be finished and turned into an office/playroom (which is what we are thinking about using our tax return for).
When Joe got home on Sunday I was giddy like a child on Christmas! And it was totally worth it as I watched him look around our basement, in total shock, with a huge smile on his face. He just couldn't believe it was possible- and he said that it was one of the best suprises ever! And even I get excited still just to go in the basement and look at it- and these are words I have definitely never said before!

4 comments:

funkyhammer said...

OH. Wow. You. Did. Soooo. Much Work. Nice Job! Way to surprise Joe! Very Cool!

Sarah said...

Are you like pregnant and nesting or something ;)!? That is STINKIN' AMAZING! Bravo! Such a good idea to finish half of it. Which half will you finish? The side opposite of the washing machine?

Angie Cousins said...

Ooh- I remember thinking a few times while I was working that you (Sarah Y) would be so impressed with me! This kinda stuff is right up your alley! And yeah, I think we'll finish the side opposite the washing machine- good times!
It was good to see you yesterday even if we didn't get to talk much!

Smith Family said...

WOW! Way to go Angie. That's a huge job. Looks great.