Saturday, March 28, 2009

One Computer Fixed!

Well, we have one computer fixed! Earlier this week I accidentally downloaded a virus onto our desktop computer. It was very sneaky actually. I was online one night when a warning popped up on my screen saying that my computer had been infected with Spyware and that I needed to run a scan of all my files to detect further threats. The scan detected 34 infected files. So I clicked the button to fix the files. Apparently that's what downloaded the virus (or so we believe). That simple. That tricky. Joe was able to purchase Norton AntiVirus Protection the following day and eliminate the virus (but not before some damage was done). My loving husband then spent days trying to fix the damage- and after a few days just about everything was working correctly- except that my computer wouldn't allow me to login to my blog (I could see it but not login to post anything). I was beyond annoyed. I visited the IT guys at the University and got a few suggestions, but none of them worked. Then yesterday Joe tried to get onto Ebay and that wouldn't work either. He called the IT guys back and after another hour or two of work everything was fixed (that we know of)! I can now happily use my blog again! Now we just have to keep waiting to hear back about our laptop (it's been 11 days since we took it in). For now I'm just greatful we have at least one working computer!

No comments: