Saturday, March 21, 2009

Shooting Manual!




My goal for the year was to learn to take pictures with my camera fully in manual mode (meaning that I control all of the settings- aperture, shutter, etc...). Well...I did it! Throughout all of the class I took I was mostly shooting in aperture priority mode or shutter priority mode (meaning I controlled this one part of my camera's settings, but not all of them). Even that was a big jump for me from just using a fully automatic setting. But, fully manual was my goal and I am so happy to share that I'm doing it! My first pictures in manual mode were actually the ones from my last post (St. Patricks Day). But today I played around with it even more and I was so happy with what I was able to accomplish! These beautiful flowers were from my husband and they made a great subject! The best was knowing that had I shot in anything other than manual mode that the flowers would have ended up really dark against all the light coming in through the window. But I allowed more light into my camera through the shutter and it worked!! So I still have a ton to learn, but I AM learning!

2 comments:

Kerri said...

Good for you, Angie! Learning new things is a big deal.

The Good Harvest Homestead said...

Beautiful pictures and beautiful flowers!

I think Asa should take a tip or two from Joe...i haven't had flowers in years! :)