Tuesday, March 10, 2009

PeePee in the Potty!



Tonight after Lily's bath time she was running around her room, as usual, enjoying the freedom of being naked! For some reason she had her little potty in her room (pictured above)- probably because she had been putting her stuffed animals on it earlier. As I was about ready to grab her to put on her diaper and pj's I just sort of blurted out, "Lily if you go pop or peepee in the potty I'll give you a kiss." Now, I have to explain, she does love to give kisses, but in this instance I was bribing her with a hershey kiss. I kidd you not- this child will do anything for a hershey kiss or M&M's. So maybe it shouldn't have been a suprise to me that she ran right over to her potty- and just seconds later I heard a little tinkle!!! She went PeePee in her potty!!!!!!!!!!!!
Okay, she then stuck her hand in it, but whatever, it was still amazing!! Joe and I made such a big deal out of it that she kept saying so proudly, "PeePee/Potty!" So I realize that this may very well be a fluke as we were not planning to potty train her until after our travels to Colorado this summer- but you better believe I'll try again tomorrow- just to see what happens!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

good luck with that and while early successes are awesome and they say girls are 'easier', man, it took A a looong time to decide to pee in the potty. we got the potty at 2 and at 2.5 she was doing it. now we are at 3 and she still refuses to poop in it. oh, and we've tried bribing her with candy too. hopefully, Lily will be one of those 'easy' kids.