Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Lily- 2 Years Old









The other day I was finally able to do a "photo shoot" to get some 2 year pictures of Lily. And let me tell you- it was work- photographing a toddler is not for the faint of heart (especially one who gets her picture taken all the time and prefers to look away from the camera whenever it's out)! I did get some shots I really like (and when I finally install Photoshop onto my computer this summer and learn how to use it I'm going to make these even better- you just wait and see)! In the meantime, I thought I would share a little summary of my beautiful two year old daughter.

Lily-2 Years Old:

  • She is the sweetest little girl, passionate, and full of energy
  • Her smile and big, blue eyes charm everyone we meet
  • My strawberry blonde beauty wakes up every morning and from every nap with hair sticking up in every direction
  • She can't get enough of being thrown in the air or swinging in the air (from an actual swing or by her daddy)
  • She loves taking care of her animals and dolls- it's one of her favorite things to do. She likes to pretend to take them to the grocery store- to get cookies
  • She likes to carry a purse with her- and can be entertained for good periods of time just taking the same things in and out of her purse
  • She loves playing kitchen and serving meals
  • She also loves to help me bake- and often ends up eating much of what we are making still in its dough form- of which she declares, "Tastes good."
  • She gives the best squeezes in the world
  • At two she is daytime potty trained and sleeping in a "big bed"- my big girl!
  • She is still, however, totally obsessed with her pacifiers (nuks)
  • She loves the Imagination Movers show
  • Her language has just exploded the last couple of months- saying many short sentences
  • Her favorite things to say lately include:
  • "I do it"- she's become very independent, wanting to do everything herself
  • "I pick one"- she likes to be able to choose herself- from snacks to books
  • "I scared of ice cream truck"- don't know why but lately the ice cream truck (and many other things) scare her
  • "I don't like it" or "I like it"- she's always letting us know
  • She is totally in love with water of all sorts- the shower, sprinkler, pool, hose, watering can- even so much that she asks to do the dishes!
  • She loves meat and pasta. Her favorite vegetable is cucumbers and her favorite fruit is blueberries. And for some reason she has a special fondness for pink starburst.
  • She loves to walk our dog, march, pick flowers, and gather rocks and sticks

And that's our little two year old Lily

No comments: