Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Nanny


As a stay at home mom every now and then I wonder what it might be like to have a full time nanny. But as fun as that is to think about from time to time (like when I'm sleep deprived and really want to take a nap) I can honestly say that I wouldn't want one. The majority of the time I love being with my children and I consider myself incredibly privileged to be able to be home with them full time. Now a regular babysitter (to use from time to time so that Joe and I could actually go out)- well I'll take that!
So even though I don't want a full time nanny (not to mention that I would never be able to afford one) I did get to experience what it would be like to have one during our week in Florida a while back! Our friend and Lifelines intern, Tessa, came to Florida with us to take care of the Lifelines team children. And it was pretty much like having our own full time nanny. While we had meetings all day Tessa took incredible care of our children. Since I am nursing Eli I still had him most of the day (but as you can see in the above picture she even took him from time to time). And for that week it was pretty wonderful. Pretty wonderful to be a part of ministry and work and planning. Pretty wonderful to have someone who really loves your children watching them. And we were incredibly fortunate in that Tessa happens to be one of Lily's absolute favorite people! Not only that but Tessa even flew out to Florida with us (as in she flew on the same planes). So not only did we experience what it would be like to have a full time nanny for the week, but also while we were traveling, and even on our day off at Animal Kingdom! So, I think I'll happily stick to being the primary caretaker of my children, but if I could hire a nanny to help me while traveling with the kids and visiting theme parks I sure would!:)

No comments: