Saturday, July 10, 2010

Babies, Badmiton, Beaches, Barbeque, and Big Booms

This was our 4th of July weekend: Babies



Badminton


Beaches (I don't have any pictures, but we spent the afternoon at Peacock Beach where Joe and his family went often when he was little)

Barbecue (we had a great BBQ picnic with all of the family at Nonnie and Grampy's house)




Big Bangs: Lily was beyond excited for the fireworks and she talked about it for days, but things didn't go quite as planned. We headed to Freeport to watch the LL Bean fireworks and when trying to find a place to park we lost track of Joe's brother and his girls. It took us a little while to meet back up with them and in the process the fireworks started early! Yes, early. In all my years of watching fireworks they have never, ever been early (usually they are rather late actually). So, basically the fireworks started and we made a mad dash for anywhere that we could see them- which meant that we ended up watching them in a parking lot. It just wasn't quite the same. And as excited as Lily was and as much as she LOVED the fireworks last year this time around for some reason the big, loud booms scared her (and she kept her hands over her ears the entire time). She says she liked watching them but that she just didn't like the noise. Fair enough. Overall the display was a little disappointing, but maybe that was because we were in a parking lot!:) I tried for the first time to get some pictures of the fireworks. This proved to be rather tricky, but I guess you have to start somewhere.


The picture below is my favorite of the ones I got- and it was the last one I took of the evening. Not only do I love the light exploding through the smoke, but I also kind of like that you can just make out the outline of a car at the bottom- which will always remind me of where we watching the fireworks on the 4th of July in 2010!


No comments: