Tuesday, July 20, 2010

VBS



A few weeks ago Lily went to VBS (Vacation Bible School) for the first time! She went to our friend's church this time for VBS because they offered the program for preschoolers and because a few of her favorite little friends were going. She went 5 mornings in a row from 9a.m.-Noon (which I have to admit was a nice break, but I also have to confess that I was a little sad leaving her the first day)! But, as I expected, she did wonderfully and LOVED the whole thing! Every day they did crafts, sang worship songs, played games, had bible lessons, had play time, snacks, and even memorized a bible verse! There were about 10 kids her age in her class- which I think was really great for Lily. I was so impressed with the whole program and with everybody who worked to make it happen. Overall VBS was a fantastic experience and I'll share more in an upcoming post about something especially exciting that happened there!
P.S. These are two of the crafts that Lily made at VBS (a wind sock and a light catcher)!

No comments: