Friday, August 27, 2010

And The Winner Is...


Thank you to all of you who voted and gave comments and helped me sort through in my mind which portrait of Eli I wanted to use for my upcoming gallery show! I loved hearing from all of you! Clearly picture #1 (the black and white of Eli smiling in the tub) was by far the favorite. I loved that one too- as purely a portrait it was the best one of him and I will be printing and framing that one for our living room in the very near future! However... I decided in the end to go with #3 (show above- all ready to be printed for the show). The focus of my photography class this time around was composition and creativity- and in the end this one was better composed than the others. Well, okay, actually #5 was well composed too (many of you choose that one and my photography class chose that one as well)- but in the end I just thought that his expression in this one made it a more interesting picture (rather than the standard adorable smiling baby- which we love too)! Really picture #2 had the best expression of him (and I still laugh when I see that picture- which will probably be printed for one of our bathrooms)- but unfortunately I messed up the composition a tad on that one and cut off the right side of the tub just a bit too much. So in the end this one (#3) is the winner! Thanks for your help! It's never a bad thing when you have too many pictures that you like to choose from!:)

1 comment:

Kerri said...

That's the one I voted for! They were all great, though. I wish I could come see your exhibition...