Monday, September 13, 2010

Gallery Show





I was a part of my first photography gallery show last week!
It was held at Montes International Catering- which is such a sweet, little place (with wonderful food too)! And let me tell you that the place was a little on the small side and it was packed! There were times throughout the evening that you could barely move (there were so many people). Because it was so crowded every now and then I was so close to someone that I would overhear their comments about one of my photographs (all good things, thankfully)- and that was really pretty fun! I was sort of wishing that I could be a fly on the wall all night and hear all of the comments people had about my pictures (the good and bad).
It was absolutely one of the craziest weeks so I felt a little overwhelmed by everything going on. As a result I waited until the last minute and only a few friends were able to make it. But it meant so much to me that they were there and overall I felt very encouraged by friends and family (far and near) who weren't able to make it. I felt especially grateful for my husband who endured the whole evening with me in the small, hot, crowded gallery (he's such a good husband). He even claims that my apple picture was his favorite of the show and swears that it's not just because it's one of mine (although I'm pretty sure he must have some bias)!
It was so fun for me to see all of the photographs matted, framed, and displayed (my own and those of everyone in my class). They are now hanging in my house and I have to admit that I feel a large sense of accomplishment when I see how far I have come in the last two years. I'm excited to learn more (and also a little relieved to have the pressure of this show behind me)!:)
So here are the five photographs I featured at the show. It's not nearly the same as being there or seeing them in person (but it's better than nothing (just double click on the image if you want to see it larger).
Thanks everyone for your support!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your pics!!! my favs are the swing and the apples although I love them all!! Have to tell you Jack was recalling playing with Hudson this summer (after we were talking about the pending birth of the Simpson's Hudson) and then I asked him who the little girl was and he thought about it and then burst out "WILLY!!!!... awww... Willy is my best friend." SOO precious, I couldn't stop laughing. He was so nostalgic! Miss you friend!

Alicia said...

Lovelovelove those!!! I wish I had just a pinky full of your photography talent!:)