Thursday, December 2, 2010

Is it safe to come out?

I hope that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! This year we were with my family in Wisconsin for Thanksgiving (for the first time since Joe and I were engaged). It was really good to be with my family even though both kids and I were a bit sick. Our favorite part of the day was just before dessert when we looked outside to find at least 20 full grown turkeys roaming around the backyard and wooded area near the house. I've never seen so many wild turkeys in one place! Apparently, since dinner was over, they decided that it was safe to come out!:)
Just as fun was watching Joe and Lily sneak up on and chase the turkeys through the woods! Apparently they weren't too scared because they came back the next day (and were chased once again). We haven't seen them since. I'm not against hunting for food, but I sort of find myself hoping that these turkeys make it until Christmas!

No comments: