Wednesday, March 30, 2011

St. Patty's

Lucky2_edited-1

We had a great little St. Patricks Day this year!

Lucky_edited-1


While the kids were sleeping I put together a clover hunt for them. I cut out bunches of clovers (some 3 leaf and some 4 leaf) and hid them around the living room.

Lucky3

And even Eli was interested in trying to find them (at least for a little bit)- it was so fun to watch him discover a few of them!

Lucky4 Lucky5_edited-1

And Lily is always up for a hunt!

Lucky6_edited-1

After a while though Eli was just as happy to sit down and dump out all of his clovers!

Lucky7_edited-1 Lucky8_edited-1

Aren't these St. Patricks Day piggy tail holders adorable? My sister-in-law made them and Nonnie bought a pair for each of the little girls. So cute!

Lucky9_edited-1

This kid cracks me up!

Lucky10

After all of the clovers were found Lily sorted through all of hers and I had her sort them into a pile of 3 leaf clovers and a smaller pile of 4 leaf clovers.

Lucky11

She did a great job counting the number of leaves on each one!

I counted Eli's clovers and then each of them got one chocolate coin (at the end of the rainbow) for each 4 leaf clover they had!

Lucky12

And I still can't get Eli to stop playing with the real clovers we bought!

It was such a fun little activity and Lily is already asking if we can do it again next St. Patricks Day! We celebrated after dinner as well- Joe, Lily, and Eli had their first Shammrock Shakes EVER!! This was a March staple for me growing up so it was fun to introduce them to the rest of my family! I am one lucky (blessed) mama!

No comments: