Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Official

You might remember that back in March I heard from my doctor that things were looking good for me and that she was expecting I would only need to go through two more months of testing to get the all clear.  And thus I was expecting to be finished in May.  In May, however, as we were literally driving out of Maine on our way to Wisconsin I got a call from my doctor's office.  My numbers were still good and hadn't changed at all, but for some reason my doctor just didn't feel comfortable giving me the all clear and told me that I needed to do a few more months of testing.  Quite honestly I was disappointed and a little frustrated...mostly because it's just not what I was expecting.  I was expecting to go to the summer project in Colorado feeling like I had a fresh start.  Instead it just felt like I had more of the same...waiting and unknown (at least in this area).  Thankfully my doctor agreed not to make me get tested while I was away.  So, I went to get tested when we got back.  And a few days ago we got the message from my doctor that everything is normal and I OFFICIALLY have the all clear.  One year and two weeks later and my gestational trophoblastic disease is officially gone!  I am praising the Lord for how He has seen me through this year and for His faithfulness every step of the way.

No comments: