Tuesday, July 29, 2008

This Time It's Raspberries!




Even though strawberry picking with Lily was a challenge I just can't resist berries (and they are so cheap to pick your own here)! So with my mom and dad (otherwise known as Grammy and G-Pa) who are up for a visit we decided to try raspberries this time! Thankfully this little adventure was far more fun! Lily had a great time wandering up and down the paths, putting rocks in her bucket, and eating just about every berry she could get her hands on (I kid you not I bet she ate a whole pint)! It took me a while to really pick any (as Lily would eat them as soon as I picked them- check out her little red face in the picture)- but with four of us it went quickly. Joe is planning to make some jam (although we have canned before this would be the first attempt at jam) and my mom and I are planning to make a raspberry swirl cheesecake tonight (if it turns out I'll post the recipe)! And I'm already looking forward to berries in my cereal in the morning! Yum Yum

1 comment:

The Good Harvest Homestead said...

nope...still no baby! *sigh* I'm just going to have to be patient I guess :) Hopefully my midwife appointment on Friday will go well and she'll tell me to check myself into the maternity ward haha (i wish) I'm so glad you guys had fun picking raspberries! Those are some of Brenna and my favorite treats! Tell your mom and dad hey! And enjoy that cheesecake! yummm