Sunday, July 27, 2008

Are You Afraid of Monkeys?

The "Monkey" Pool

The "Simple" Pool

So, while we were in Bar Harbor on the project Joe agreed that we could get a pool for Lily. If you know me you know that I spent way too much time looking online for just the right (fun) pool! I found this "Monkey" pool that I thought she would love- it has a sprinkler on it and a banana slide- fun right? Well, I ordered it, waited for it to arrive, set it all up and just waited for the squeals of joy from my little water bug. And there were squeals- well more like shreaks-of terror! Yes, she was totally terrified of the monkey head- wouldn't go anywhere near the pool. After three attempts over two days we gave up, returned the fun pool and purchased a simple baby pool. And she loves it. Maybe simple is better.


3 comments:

Jeff and Dana said...

hey there. glad you got my comment. my email is rubenandsue@gmail.com.

you should get on facebook. it's a much better way to communicate than leaving comments on eachother's blogs :)

Angie Cousins said...

Dana, I don't know! I'm loving the blogging thing, but I'm not quite sure I'm ready for Facebook (I've held out this long, I might have to see if I can at least make it another month or two)! It's tempting!
Ang

rachael a said...

that is too funny. . sam would LOVE that monkey pool! she'll love it next summer. :)