Saturday, July 19, 2008

Camp Top 10

(Lily splashing in the lake with her Nonnie)

10 Thing I Discovered at Camp:


1. My nephew Jeremy can do an incredible Loon call- and the loons respond- so cool!


2. A mom of a one year old can finish an entire book (not about parenting)!


3. That I love to cook when someone else is doing the dishes and cleaning up my mess- thanks to Mom and Dad Cousins and Marianne for doing all the camp dishes!


4. That even the coldest lakes in Maine aren't so bad as long as you keep moving!


5. That as much as Lily loves playing in the sand- just add a little water and I think she enjoys playing in the mud even more!


6. From the outlook at the top of Bald Mountain I discovered that Maine is more mountainous than I knew- incredibly beautiful!


7. That I'm not bad luck in fishing after all- I caught my first brook trout!


8. That chess is hard. Joe taught me to play, but I'm just plain bad at it!



9. That little girls (namely mine) love other little girls (namely her cousins Brenna and Maggie). Adorable!



10. And finally I discovered that, like many things (but not all) camp is just as much fun (maybe more) with a little one! How great it is to watch her discover things!

No comments: