Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The First Win!



What a perfect way to start the season. What a perfect way to start the fall. The Packers not only won their first game, but they won it with brand new starting quarterback Aaron Rogers. And they won against their biggest rivals- the Minnesota Vikings. On Monday night football. Doesn't get much sweeter than that! Since it was on Monday night I actually got to watch the game! Our friends Lea and Bill and their little girl joined us. Lea is also from Wisconsin- it's always great to watch with another fan! The whole game seemed so relaxed that Lea and I couldn't help but wonder if it's because we were talking more and paying a little less attention to the game than usual or whether it's because we could watch and enjoy without the tension one usually faced every time Favre went back for a long pass (Amazing throw? Interception? Who knows)! Don't get me wrong- Favre is still one of the best quarterbacks of all time- and it pains me to see him in the Jets uniform- but I still think the Packers are looking good (even without Favre)!

1 comment:

funkyhammer said...

I really can't stand football!!!
But I do love the Packers and especially Packer Fans...Thanks to you and a few others. :-)