Wednesday, September 24, 2008

What a Wonderful Day Off!

The Hay Jump!

Alpacas (I think they are so cute)- and I think that Mom & Dad Cousins should reconsider raising them!:)


This weekend we had just a wonderful day off- totally packed with fun stuff! We spent the morning/early afternoon at the CommonGround Country Fair. It was wonderful! We have been wanting to go for years, but just never was able to until now. Around here it is sort of known as the hippie/organic fair- and it is- all the products there are locally made and all of the food sold is organic. And it's huge- I couldn't believe it! It has the feel of a real, authentic country fair. As you can see Lily loved the animals. She also loved the hay jump for kids. I loved all the locally made goodies (thankfully we didn't bring too much cash or I might have spent it all), and the organic popcorn was amazing! Joe enjoyed it too (though maybe not quite as much as I did)- but he does want to build his own canoe now! Hopefully we will go again and as Lily gets older be able to enjoy more of the demonstrations/seminars/entertainment. Following the fair we had 16 adults and 9 children over to our house for a BBQ/Corn Roast to kick off the small group/bible study we are starting! I enjoyed everyone so much- and the kids had an absolute blast together! Can't wait for the group to start this Sunday! And, if all that wasn't enough I got to round out the evening watching the Green Bay Packers play Sunday night football! Does it get any better? Well, they did loose, so I guess the day could have been better- but I did go to sleep that night one very tired, but very happy lady!

No comments: