Friday, September 26, 2008

Rock Climbing Mama!

No, I'm not referring to myself (obviously this isn't a picture of me)- but I wish! Actually it's Carrie Cooper and I read about her a little while back in one of Joe's rock climbing magazines. Here's the intro to her article: "Gear bag? Check. Crashpad? Check. Diaper bag, toys, car seat, bottle, and pacifier? Check. For motivated boulderer Carrie Cooper, 29, the gear list grew a little longer with the birth of her daughter, Ava, 19 months ago. But the Flagstaff, Arizona-based mother says she's "stronger now than ever before." Carrie is a member of Prana's elite climbing team- and I think it's just so cool that she says she's stronger now than before having her little girl! Moms can be, and are, strong physically and mentally! Love it! So, while I haven't climbed outside yet this fall (although that's where Joe is headed off to at this very moment- with students)- Joe and I have been going to the indoor climbing gym the last few Mondays (our day off). We bring Lily too- and while she mostly just has fun grabbing the holds or playing on the mats I think that given a few years she will probably be better than both of us! In the meantime this rock climbing mama gives me some inspiration- I may not be a good climber now (and even though I would like to be, maybe I never will)- but I don't have to stop trying just because I'm a mama too!

No comments: