Friday, October 10, 2008

The Bog Boardwalk!





A week ago Monday (our day off) we took Lily on her first trip to the Bog Boardwalk! It's a beautiful boardwalk system going through a bog in Orono/Bangor and since it was finished a few years ago Joe and I have really enjoyed visiting there from time to time. It's especially fun to visit throughout the seasons and watch things change. As you can see fall is a gorgeous time of year to visit. And, I might add, it is actually really great for toddlers. Since the whole trail is raised boardwalk Lily couldn't wander off- she just happily followed the trail. And this time of year she was loving all of the leaves on the boardwalk- and probably could have spent hours throwing them off the side and dropping them through the cracks (as you can see in the picture). It was just a beautiful afternoon. And then my wonderful husband treated me to lunch at Olive Garden- perfect! And as I type this we are officially on fall break!! We look forward to this well earned rest each fall (4 whole days off)! And this break we are looking forward to a visit from my parents (who fly in on Sunday). We leave tomorrow morning to spend a little time with Joe's family in Southern Maine- and then we'll meet my parents on Sunday!

1 comment:

The Good Harvest Homestead said...

how pretty! I wish we had a place like that to go with Brenna!