Monday, February 9, 2009

My Little Redhead?


Lily didn't really feel like having her picture taken today, but a chocolate rice cake seemed to help!

Playing her favorite hand motion game- "Open, Shut Them"

At first I wasn't thrilled she had her pacifier in in this picture- but then I realized how much more realistic this shot is (she loves her pacifier)!

Some people think that my little girl is a redhead. Some people think she's blond. I guess I would say that she's a strawberry blond (somewhere right in the middle)! And I love it! I have always dreamed of having little redheaded children and I have been in love with her hair color since the day she was born! And in case your are wondering, shortly after she was born we found out that Joe's grandmother was a redhead (which he didn't know since she was grey all the years he knew her and her younger pictures were in black and white)! Also, in some pictures of me when I was younger my hair looked a little red-ish (and with my fair, fair skin I've always believed I was meant to be a redhead- and wish I was)!
So today I was practicing another skill I am learning which is how to photograph a light subjet in front of a dark background (and my beautifully fair skinned daughter was the perfect subject). What often happens is that the subject gets washed out- but I'm pretty happy with these! And I just love how red her hair looks in these pictures!

3 comments:

Smith Family said...

The pacifier picture is beautiful. It's my favorite of the bunch =). You take great pictures.

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh, for some reason her blue eyes really stand out in these pictures too! She's beautiful. Joe, start polishin' the guns!

Jeff and Dana said...

Angie, I LOVE the pacifier picture. I think you should get that one printed. The others are cute, but the pacifier one is REAL.