Saturday, April 18, 2009

Coloring Easter Eggs!





I realize that these next few posts are a week old, but we spent most of the week at Joe's parent's house (while Joe was out of state for a conference)- so I'm now just finally getting to them!
Here are a few I took when we colored Easter eggs the day before Easter! I have to admit that as I filled up the many bowls with egg dye I had a looming feeling of impending chaos. We have a little girl who loves to get messy and I just didn't see this ending well. But in the spirit of fun we went for it anyway. And you know what? Lily did wonderfully! She didn't dump over a single bowl of dye and she was really pretty controlled. It was hard to stop her from just letting the egg plop down hard into the bowl (gentle isn't exactly her thing)- and more than once she took an egg that was already dyed and put it in another color- but it was really fun! She was actually quite sad when it was all over. Most of the eggs got somewhat cracked in the process so we decided that they were better for decoration this year than for eating!

No comments: