Thursday, April 2, 2009

Random Updates



So here are a few random updates from the life of my little family:
The Kitchen: Yes, some of you might remember that last August we began our kitchen remodel. You may be wondering why you haven't heard much of it since then. Well, the whole remodel really went so much quicker than we expected and Joe had everything functional within a few days. He did an AMAZING job. In the following weeks we worked on it a little more putting in backsplash tile and doing some painting. And that is where it has remained all of these months- fully functional, but not fully finished. We still have some drywall to do, a bunch of painting, and ceiling and floor trim everywhere. Our plan is to finally finish it this May- and then I promise to post new pictures! And in case you are wondering (from the poll I did in the fall)- I have decided to keep the chair rail white!
Lily's Hair: As you can see from the pictures above (which are just fun pictures of her playing with stickers that I thought I would include at random)- I have decided to let her bangs grow out. Thanks for all of your imput in my poll! Her bangs are so long now that she has to wear a barrett everyday, but thankfully she's pretty good at keeping them in!
Toenails: I take back what I said earlier- toenails are important and I've come to believe they do serve a purpose. Oddly enough my big toe has become more sensitive the longer it waits for the nail to grow back. Oh well.
Ministry: I posted at the beginning of the semester how Joe and I were both feeling like we were in the "valley" of ministry. Of course the semester has improved some and we can now see God at work- even if in small ways (or what seem small to us). We are slowly rebuilding the ministry with a few new student leaders- and we have hope as we look ahead to the future. Please keep the Lifelines ministry in your prayers.
Those are just a few random updates from our little family!

No comments: