Sunday, April 11, 2010

On a roll

In the process of rolling over for the 2nd time!

He did it!

On his belly playing with one of his favorite toys- The Happy Apple (it was mine when I was a baby)!

Two weeks ago our little man began rolling over!!! He had been working on it for a few weeks-rolling over onto his side pretty much every chance he got. Then one day he just got it- and he hasn't looked back since! I happened to have my camera in hand the very first time I saw him roll over (the first two pictures above)! I actually thought I captured his very first roll over on camera- until I found out later that day that he had rolled over for the first time that morning (Joe forgot to tell me)!:) Right now he will only roll over from his back to his belly (apparently the opposite of what most babies do)- and he only rolls to his right. And he will roll over pretty much every time you put him on his back- he just won't stay put! I'm actually really looking forward to him learning to roll the other way too- because quite often he rolls onto his belly, gets stuck, and then gets quite upset. He does this during the day but also multiple times at night in his crib (I am very much looking forward to when he can correct this himself)! And so it begins- the very beginning of my babe being mobile!

No comments: