Saturday, April 17, 2010

Sick, Sick, Sick

I know that Eli looks pretty happy and healthy here. But that was earlier this week. On Tuesday I went to a women's bible study at my friend's church for the first time. I'm excited about the study, I'm excited about being with the women, and I'm really excited for the great children's program they have for the kids while the moms are in the study. On Tuesday Lily went happily to the children's program (some of her favorite little friends were there). I on the other hand had a little bit of a harder time leaving Eli in the nursery. This was the first time I have ever left him in a nursery (we keep him with us on Sunday mornings in our church). I didn't have to leave him (I could have brought him into the study with me), but I thought it would be good for me to get away for a bit and really be able to focus. So I left him. And my heart felt a little conflicted the whole time. But I knew it was good and as it turns out he did great and for 45 minutes happily watched all of the other little kids play! So, all was well. Until...two days later he starting getting sick. And yep, sure enough my little Eli is sick again and now his sister is too! Another little boy in the nursery that day also got sick the day before Eli so I feel pretty confident that that's where he got it from. Sigh. It just seems to be a cold at this point, but my little fella seems pretty out of it (Lily is taking it very well). I guess after RSV landed him in the hospital I've been pretty cautious so even this little cold has me a little more nervous than I probably need to be. I'm sure he's going to be fine and I'm sure I'll leave him in the nursery again sometime- but maybe I'll wait a bit!:)

No comments: