Monday, April 12, 2010

St. Patty's




Yes, as I post this I realize that I am almost a month behind on my posting. But as you can probably tell I am trying to catch up! So here are a few pictures from our little St. Patrick's Day celebration. Lily and I spent a bit of the morning planting clovers. I had visions of little four leaf clovers popping up and how fun it would be to watch Lily discover them. Well, after a few days they did start to grow, but because they were in such a small pot they needed watering eveyday. Plants don't survive in our house unless they can go pretty long without being watered. These lasted a few days before my dreams of clovers were dashed!:) Maybe we'll try a bigger batch next year! Lily and I also made mint ice cream potatoes in honor of our Irish side. A friend of mine in Colorado once did this and I remember how cute it was. Ours didn't turn out quite as cute- but we tried! As much as I love celebrating this little Irish holiday the one thing I will always remember this day for is that last year on St. Patrick's Day we found out that I was pregnant with Eli! Wow- a year ago!! And now we have him, here with us- our most precious baby boy. It doesn't get more "lucky" than that!

No comments: