Saturday, April 20, 2013

7 Months!

Well, I'm 7 months into this pregnancy and I am growing by the minute.  Seriously people seriously.  At 5 months I looked more like I was 3 or 4 months pregnant...but something has happened in the last two months (the last one especially) and I swear that I look more like I'm just weeks away from giving birth!  I just don't see how there is another good 2-3 months of growth left to take place...I might explode before that happens!:)
Every time I make some kind of comment about how large I feel or look Joe just smiles and says nothing (he's no fool).  So the other day, as I struggled to find pants I felt comfortable in, I commented to Joe on his lack of comment.  He smiled and quietly said, "Yes, you are larger than you were with the other pregnancies."  Proof...it's not just in my head!
And although I don't love it, it doesn't really bother me so much that I look large...it bothers me that I feel large and crazy uncomfortable (already).  My back is killing me (and per my doctor's recommendation I may need to see a chiropractor if I'm going to make it through the next couple of months).  I'm going to start with a visit to my friend who is an athletic trainer/massage therapist and see what she can do for me.  My recliner, massaging back pillow, and Therabead warming pack are the only things getting me through the day.  It's not pretty.
I'm also already starting to have a harder time breathing.  More than once recently I answered the phone and the person on the other end commented how I was out of breath.  Nope...I didn't run for the phone.  Once I just walked across the kitchen and the other time I was totally standing still.  Hmmmm....
I had a nasty little cold a week or two ago and the nausea is still lingering a bit (but nowhere near as awful as it was).  I'm also not sleeping super great...it's just hard to get comfortable.
So there you have it...I just can't believe that I feel like this and I am still months away from giving birth!  This having babies when you are nearly 36 thing is no walk in the park!:)
But now that I am done sharing all my woes I will once again acknowledge (as I tell myself multiple times a day)...this is ALL worth it.  Our little boy is more than worth it and pretty soon these aches and pain will all be but a memory, but I will have our son for, Lord willing, days and years and decades to come.
So, here's the latest picture.  I promise that one of these days I will get somebody else to take my picture...most of the time I just catch a glimpse of my growing self in the mirror and decide to snap a quick picture.  This was taken yesterday and the kids and I were playing outside for hours.  I had a sweatshirt on earlier (which is why my t-shirt is tucked it), but it got to be 70 degrees here and even I was outside in short sleeves for a bit!
  7 Months (1 of 1)

No comments: