Thursday, April 11, 2013

My Summer Wardrobe

A couple of years ago I gave away all of my maternity clothes.  I gave away all of the baby clothes too.  I guess that was a mistake!:)  At the time we thought that if we added to our family it would be through adoption (and that the child could likely not be an infant).  Clearly the Lord has had other plans for us.  So I've found myself in this pregnancy without maternity clothes or baby clothes.  I really didn't want to spend money buying new maternity clothes that I would wear for such a short period of time.  Thankfully I have two wonderful friends who offered to let me borrow all of their maternity clothes.  I just can't even tell you what a blessing that it has been to us...and I have to say that it's been pretty fun having all new clothes too!  Well now that Spring has finally arrived I find myself thinking more and more about summer.  And the other day I planned out my entire summer wardrobe.  This is the first time that I will experience my 3rd trimester during the warm summer months so it's all new to me.  From my friends I have a few pair of maternity shorts, a couple of cute tops, and a maternity dress or two.  And my mom just sent a colorful swimsuit cover up/mumu that she got me in Mexico which should be nice for lounging around the kiddie pool in the backyard.  I am so grateful for all of those things.  But I am going to bet you that 90% of my summer will be spent in the following:
Mossimo Supply Co. Juniors Gaucho - Assorted Colors
Gaucho capri shorts...light and flowy and super comfortable!  I bought 4 pairs....2 from Target and 2 from Old Navy.  Since the waist can be folded over to go under my ever growing belly or folded up over my belly I can wear these wonderful non-maternity pants both before and after the baby is born.  One of the four pairs is technically maternity (because I couldn't find the black ones anywhere in my regular size so I decided to try the maternity ones).
I plan to pair these ultra comfortable capris with these:
Old Navy Vintage and Perfect Fit Tees.  I fell in love with the vintage tees last summer.  So just today I bought a bunch of them...a few solid and a few stripped.  These are also non-maternity so I just bought one size larger than I normally take...and I bought the vintage ones in Tall so they are a little longer.  Oh the comfort, I can nearly feel it now!  And almost best of all is that Old Navy is currently running a sale for buy one get one free tees...so I literally spent just $4 or $5 on each shirt!!
And I'm hoping to get one of these pairs for my birthday:
             or      
Yes, they are Crocs!  I think they are pretty cute...and very comfortable (notice a theme?)!
I am also planning a trip to AC Moore (with some coupons of course) to pick up some beads to make a couple of simple, cute chunky bead necklaces...just to make my cozy summer wardrobe a little more fun.
I'm also going to the fabric store to pick up some fun stretchy fabric to try to make a few of these:
DIY headbands. This one actually has directions! :) - Click image to find more DIY & Crafts Pinterest pins
And although I've never been good at up-dos I'm determined to learn this summer (because my hair is quite long and I know I'm going to want it up and out of the way)!
So there you have it...my plan for a comfortable summer.  And I love that almost everything is non-maternity so I'll easily be able to wear it before and after the baby is born...and I spent very little money!  Now I just need some warm weather!

No comments: