Sunday, March 2, 2014

The Flu

On Thursday night both Lily and I started feeling a little sick.  With just one day before spring break I just knew that we were headed for family-wide illness (this often happens to us during breaks).  So I was pleasantly surprised when we all woke up on Friday feeling fine.  That relief only lasted for Friday.  Friday night I started feeling sick again and went downhill quickly.  I think I had the stomach flu and Joe thinks I may have had the actual flu, but either way it wasn't a pretty picture.  I haven't been that sick in a long time.  I could not function at all yesterday and barely left my bed.  I was pretty miserable and since I'm nursing I was limited in what I could take to help. 

Well, it's the next day now and I'm still feeling sick, but not nearly as awful as yesterday.  The chills and full body aches are mostly gone and I am out of bed!  Even though I don't feel good, it's amazing how much better it feels from yesterday.  I am really hopeful that I'll be totally over it in a day or two.  Which is good because we leave for our Florida trip Thursday night (we drive to Joe's parent's house on Thursday night and fly out Friday morning).

If you are reading this would you pray that the rest of the family wouldn't get sick?  So far everybody else seems fine, but with our trip coming so soon I'm rather nervous. That's my biggest request.  And then I'm also praying that I would feel totally back to myself tomorrow so I can do some of the many things that need to get done before our trip!
Thanks for praying friends!

No comments: