Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Our Epic Florida Trip: Day 10- Goodbye Beach

Our students took off quite early in the morning for a very long bus ride back to Maine and I have to say I was feeling for them.  While the baby napped and Joe finished loading everything up in our van the kids and I were able to go down for one last time on the beach.  My camera was already packed (but I'm beginning to learn to use my cell phone camera so I managed to get a few shots)!  We couldn't stay long, but it was still fun splashing in the water and making "sand bombs" with Eli to attack the waves with!:)

MORNING1 (1 of 1) MORNING2 (1 of 1) MORNING3 (1 of 1) MORNING4 (1 of 1) MORNING6 (1 of 1) MORNING5 (1 of 1) MORNING7 (1 of 1) MORNING8 (1 of 1)
Then we said goodbye to the beach and headed to Orlando.  I will admit that I was dreading this drive.  It was only about 7 hours, but the drive down to the beach was not fun (with the baby not feeling well and being really fussy).  But this time we got a much earlier start and the baby was feeling quite a bit better so the whole thing went much smoother.  Liam got a little fussy after 4 or 5 hours, but he hung in there with us.  A little Chick-Fil-A and Dairy Queen later and we were all in much better moods.  It still felt like a pretty long drive and we were all still pretty worn out by the time we got there, but we made it to the second half of our trip!!!

No comments: