Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Wind, Snuggles, Tears & Joy

Tonight was a rainy, blustery spring evening.  It was quite windy (trees down in our town, power lines down, and it blew some of the siding half off of our garage which was continually triggering our motion activated light sensor)!  So, it was windy.  And after about half an hour of trying to fall asleep Eli gently, sweetly asked me if I would come lay down with him in bed. The wind was blowing the tree outside where he was sleeping so hard that he was frightened.  So I did. And when I climbed into bed with him and put my arm around him you should have seen the smile on his face!  After about 5 minutes of snuggling he fell right asleep.  And I just laid there next to him a bit longer and watched him sleep.  Then a few tears started rolling down my cheeks as I thought about how sweet he was and how thankful I was for that moment...and how these times are fleeting and how it won't be so much longer that my sweet boy wants me to come snuggle him when he is afraid.  I don't always get it right, but I'm trying to appreciate these days and not wish them away, and tonight I got it right.  

No comments: