Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Feeling Patriotic

I don't know about you, but I'm feeling pretty patriotic today. I couldn't help but feel it as I drove across the bridge lined with American flags. And I was kinda suprised by the surge of emotion I felt as we went to vote today. Now I realize that the people I voted for may not win. And there has been plenty of things about the campaign that has frustrated me (the media bias for example, and the millions and millions of dollars spent by both parties)- and honestly as much as I have been caught up in it too I am happy that this day is here and that all the campaining (and signs and commercials and phone calls) is done. But in the end I felt a lot of gratitude today for the many people who died to give me the priviledge to do what I did today. It felt good to vote. And after two years of the campaign I still find it incredible that in the end it still comes down to the individual votes of each American. This is what makes our country wonderful.

No comments: