Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Let's Pray for Obama

So, ok, the man I voted for (for president) didn't win. The woman I voted for (for Senate) did win- so that was encouraging! And I have to say that I do feel proud to be a part of the day that our country elected it's first African American president. As I've been thinking a lot about it today- I realize that my responsibility yesterday as an American was to vote. And today my responsibility as a follower of Christ is to pray (even if the guy I voted for didn't win). So, let's pray for our next president- pray that he would seek God's face- in his personal life and as he leads our country. Pray that our God in His mercy and grace would give Barack Obama wisdom. So let's follow the words of 1Timothy 2:1-2:
"I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men, for kings and all who are in authority, in order that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity."