Thursday, October 8, 2009

33 Weeks and Couting...


I've been asked by a few of you for an updated belly picture- so here it finally is! It took a while, but what can I say- there was a rough month in there involving crutches that kind of pushed everything else back!

So, here I am at 33 weeks pregnant (almost 34 weeks now)! Less than 7 weeks until our little man arrives (hopefully)!! Even though it feels like I've been pregnant forever it still seems kind of hard to believe! So, as you can clearly see I look MUCH more pregnant now. Just in the last few weeks people I don't know are asking me about the baby- so apparently there is just no hiding it anymore!:) As anticipated I've rebounded nicely from the early months of my pregnancy when I wasn't gaining any weight. Other people may have been concerned, but not me. Apparently my body just prefers to gain all the weight in the last 4 months!:) People everywhere I go continue to tell me how small I look. I'll take the compliment, but to be honest I went to the doctor yesterday and my belly is EXACTLY the size it should be at 33 weeks- the exact number they are looking for. This leads me to two conclusions: When people tell me how small I look they are either just trying to be nice (as in lying) or the way I'm carrying the baby makes me look smaller than I am. To make myself feel better I'm choosing to believe the later!
Everything with our little guy checks out great and we are both healthy. My ankle, while still a little sore, is doing considerably better. The rest of me, however, feels like it's falling apart- you know- sore back, leg cramps- all that fun pregnancy stuff. And if you look at the bags under my eyes in the picture you may have guessed that my nights of good solid sleep seem to be over. I'm pretty tired to be honest, but I know it's all worth it. So there you have it- the 33 week pregnancy update. Maybe, if you're lucky, I'll be brave enough to do one in another month or so!

4 comments:

Jeff and Dana said...

Ang, I think they are actually saying, "Wow. You didn't gain all the extra weight that I gained in my pregnancy." You just have baby weight. Your arms and booty are still the same size as they always have been...tiny. So good job. But please indulge in a hot fudge sundae, just because you can.

Can I make you a sign for your little man's room?

The Good Harvest Homestead said...

You have the cutest baby belly EVER!

The Good Harvest Homestead said...

btw thanks for the camera offer...but i think Arlene is going to get me a new camera for christmas :) Early! WOOHOO! And at LL Bean they sell water proof/clutz proof cameras! hehe Perfect for this family!

Angie Cousins said...

Dana- Thanks for the encouragement! And don't worry about me- I have ice cream pretty much every single day- I guess it's more of a routine than an indulgence at this point!:)