Monday, October 19, 2009

Baby Shower!

Jeremiah & Noel- born on the same day!

My friends decorating onesies

My mom and Lily in her "party dress"

Jennifer and her son, Alex, decorating a onesie

Dr. Seuss Decorations


This being our 2nd baby I was never expecting a baby shower (after all we had 3 of them with Lily)! But this summer my friend Jennifer insisted that she wanted to give me one (especially since we are having a boy this time). I was a little reluctant at first, but she seemed so excited and after thinking about it I agreed that it could be a lot of fun as long as it was just a small group of my close family and friends. And that is exactly what I got yesterday- a WONDERFUL, cozy, adorable, fun baby shower with ladies that I love! My friend Jennifer gave the shower at her house and with the help of my friends Laura and Laurie came up with the cutest Dr. Seuss theme. There were Dr. Seuss inspired decorations, flowers, books, etc.... but the food was absolutly the best. Above you can see the amazing fish bowl cupcakes, the green deviled eggs, and the incredible fruit bowl made from a watermelon (my friends are incredibly creative). There were also "sky" jello and cream parfaits that were as delicious as they were beautiful! Really the whole thing was perfect. The only disappointment of the afternoon was that my very good friend Laura (who helped plan the shower) and my sister-in-law were unable to come at the last minute because of sick kiddos (darn the cold/flu season).
Not only was the shower creative, beautiful and delicious, but it was also a lot of fun. Jennifer had everyone decorate a onesie for our little guy! This was such a fun party activity and a great way for my friends and family to express their creativity (not to mention I will have a wonderful memory of each person every time our little guy wears one)! Maybe later this week I will post some pictures of the onesies people made.
And of course I was spoiled with gifts for our little man. Let's just say he will be one well dressed little guy! Thanks to all my family and friends who made me feel so loved yesterday- especially my mom who flew in from Wisconsin just in time to be at the shower, Joe's family who drove lots of hours yesterday to make it, and the wonderful friends I have who put the whole shower together. I am a lucky girl.

No comments: