Friday, October 9, 2009

Riverfest




Okay, I'm a little behind in my blog.
These pictures are actually from two weeks ago when Lily and I enjoyed a Saturday morning at our little town festival! Despite all the years that we have lived here Joe and I have never made it to Riverfest (I guess it's just a busy time of year for us). But this weekend Joe happened to be out of town on a weekend trip for Lifelines and so I thought Lily and I would go. So I bundled her up and trekked on downtown for the parade. And yes, I walked downtown with her. Let's just say my body and my ankle were screaming at me by the end of it (but it's not too far and I figured it just wasn't worth the trouble of trying to find parking). And let me tell you, I was amazed at how many people showed up for this little town festival. At one point I looked around the parade and wondered if there are even this many people that live in my town. Apparently there are. Lily really enjoyed the parade- especially the fire trucks at the end. She was a little frustrated because the bigger kids standing next to us kept getting most of the candy thrown out during the parade (and let's just face it, I wasn't very fast at diving for it with my bad ankle and big belly). But don't worry- we managed to get her a few tootsie rolls. After the parade we headed down to the actual little festival where I watched my little girl become totally torn in two regarding her feelings towards the bouncy house. She so badly wanted to go in and jump (she LOVES to jump), but at the same time there were tons of kids in there and she was totally scared. Twice she did muster up the courage to go in- and then plastered herself against the inflatable wall until little boys ran into her, knocked her over, and she clutched for me-screaming-to lift her out. Poor thing. Such a bummer too because if there had only been a few kids in there she probably would have jumped for an hour! Maybe next year!

No comments: