Thursday, January 14, 2010

Power Outage

Heavy Snow

Sledding down the porch stairs!

A little tumble off the sled!:)

Joe and G-Pa taking turns pushing Lily in her sled

We don't loose power very often in our little town and when we do it's not out for very long. In fact I think the longest it's ever been out (since we lived here) was two hours...until just a couple of days after Christmas. We got a good, heavy snow and the power went out around 2a.m. (I know this because I had just finished nursing Eli and wasn't back asleep yet). I heard two pops outside- and my father who was sleeping upstairs also heard the pops and saw a flash. Then the power was out...and stayed out until lunch time. Thankfully we have a wood stove that Joe faithfully kept burning and our house was fairly warm. Joe also brough up his ice fishing heater that helped keep our living room (and baby) nice and toasty (relativly)! Joe, Dad, and I took advantage of the snow and spent part of the morning playing outside and pushing Lily around in her wonderful sled! It really was sort of a cozy morning- but we were happy when the power came back on just in time for lunch!

No comments: