Friday, January 15, 2010

Snow Pops



Above: Enjoying the Snow Pops!
Below: Snow Pops out in the snow in our backyard!

A few weeks ago Lily, Nonnie and I made these incredible Snow Pops! I got the idea from another mom's blog and she said it was simple (and they are so fun looking) so I thought we would give it a try. They are pieces of chopped up chocolate cake mixed with homemade cream cheese frosting- rolled into a ball- and then dipped in colored white chocolate. Delicious? Yes indeed! Easy? Not so much. There were lots of steps, but more than that they didn't hold up well when they were being dipped in the chocolate. We had a lot of them fall apart. Thankfully they were just as tasty even when they were laying in a heap of cake ball and white chocolate. We did sucessfully dip a bunch of them, but in the end I said that this wasn't a dessert I would ever do again- it was just too much work. But then I realized what a fun treat it was for Lily (she seems to really like food that she can eat off a stick)- and they were the perfect sized little treat, so... maybe we'll try then again when I have more time on my hands...we'll see!

No comments: