Monday, May 10, 2010

Bathtub Painting





A few weeks ago our children's librarian was telling us about how she used to let her children finger paint in the bathtub. It makes a lot of sense really since they can make as much of a mess as they want and then you can just turn on the shower and wash them and the tub at the same time. Brilliant. Shortly after she told me about this Joe was out of town for a conference and I thought this would be something fun to do with Lily. At first she was very careful and she would only use one color of paint (with just a little bit at the end of her finger) and then when she was finished she would carefully wash her finger and start again with another color. She continued like this for quite a while painting the tile on the shower walls until I suggested that she paint the white bathtub- and that's sort of when she just cut loose. As you can see from the last picture she just started going to town painting everywhere with many colors and even spreading it all around with her hands and feet! Sort of like every kids dream! It was fun to watch. Sorry I didn't get better pictures at the end but Eli was getting fussy and I had my hands full at that point!:) I have to say that it did clean up well and it was great in that Lily also got her shower in for the day! Too bad I got lazy and left the finger paints in the bathroom for quite some time after- because a few days later Lily decided to finger paint her room during nap time (purple finger paint on the door, her bed, sheets, blanket, dresser, toys, clothes, and a little bit of carpet). Good times! Despite that I'm sure we will finger paint in the bathtub again!

No comments: