Saturday, May 29, 2010

May Flowers














A few weeks ago I was at our credit union (which is on campus) one afternoon. I noticed, as I have only a few times before, the beautiful university gardens which are right across the street. It is a fenced in area with lovely flowers and trees, a gazebo, and even a little pond. It all of my years in the area working on campus I had never been inside these gardens. This day, however, it was a gorgeous warm and sunny May day and the flowers looked especially beautiful and inviting. It happened that the semester was over and Joe had a little bit of free time from work most afternoons. So just a few hours later we packed up the kids and headed to the garden. I have to say that it is a wonderful little place for kids. Because it is fenced in you can just let them run and explore- which is exactly what Lily did! She was so excited about discovering and smelling all of the different kinds of flowers. This is one of my new favorite places to take pictures and I am so excited to go back with the kids to explore what it might look like during all of the different Maine seasons!

No comments: