Thursday, May 13, 2010

Lollipop Lollipop...Part One







We had Lily's 3rd birthday party almost two weeks ago now and I think my parent's are about ready to disown me for not posting about it yet! So, I'll at least get started!
This year we did a lollipop theme for Lily's birthday party and I
was absolutely thrilled with how wonderful the whole day was! We did two separate parties on the same day. In the morning Lily had a party for some of her little friends (and their parents) and in the afternoon we had Lily's family party. This worked out perfect.
For her friend party we did lots of little lollipop themed treats and goodies including marshmallow lollipops, pinwheel sandwich wraps, make-your-own fruit lollipops (on a bamboo stick), and these sky jello parfaits (which didn't have anything to do with the theme, but were just adorable)! Of course we also did cupcakes and Lily picked out bright pink frosting! Months and months ago when Eli was born you might remember that I had Lily and her Nonnie make Eli a birthday cake. Well, when we picked out the candles for that cake Lily wanted these star magic wand candles. I told her that she could have those candles on her birthday- and she remembered all these months and finally got her special candles for her cupcakes!
The lollipop cake was the cake we designed for her family party. As you might imagine Lily had a blast helping me put all of the lollipops in the cake!
And in these pictures you can also see what has become another one of our birthday traditions. Every year for her birthday I display pictures of Lily throughout the last year. It's such a fun way to look back over Lily's year and see how she's grown (and let's face it- pictures are my thing)! This year I thought of stringing them with ribbon (like little flags) and I just adore how they turned out! So much so that we still have them all up (and I think I may eventually hang them up in Lily's room)!
So here's a "taste" of Lily's party. We'll have more to share in a day or two!