Sunday, May 16, 2010

Lollipop Lollipop...Part Three














For Lily's birthday party with her little friends we did a lollipop hunt. Lily and her friends had an absolute blast hunting lollipops! But more about that coming soon. Before we could hunt for them Lily and I had to "plant" them. So about two weeks before her party Lily and I went out into the yard with a bucket of "lollipop seeds" and Lily scattered the seeds everywhere in the yard. And then we waited. And sure enough the day of her party the lollipops grew and blossomed!:)
Of course, in reality, I spent weeks finding all different kinds of lollipops (including unicorn pops, cookie lollipops, and tootsie roll pops just to name a few). And I spent a good hour the morning of her party "planting" the lollipops in the ground all around our house. There were literally hundreds of them. And it was all worth it to watch Lily discover, in wonder, that they had grown and popped up on the day of her party! In fact, she pointed out to me after a few minutes that there were no lollipops growing in the front flower bed where she had scattered a lot of seeds! It was amazing to me that she remembered this (but she was right, as the first picture here shows). I told her that those probably just needed a little more time and when she went to buy balloons with Joe I quickly planted a whole bunch of lollipops there. It was totally adorable to me that she believed it to this extent!

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Okay...so this is the cutest party idea I have ever seen...in my whole life. What an adorable idea! GREAT JOB, friend! I love it. And Happy Birthday to Lily!

Jeff and Dana said...

pretty sure we are going to steal this idea...we are doing a garden party for bailey's 3rd, and this will be absolutely perfect!

Angie Cousins said...

Thanks Mandy! I got the idea from the Family Fun magazine a few years ago- I just tweaked it, expanded it, and made it my own! Dana- go for it- the kids had an absolute blast!!!