Friday, April 8, 2011

After

Eli-haircut2 Haircut Haircut2 Haircut3 Play10 Play9 Eli-haircut

And here is Eli after his first haircut!

So I have to admit that I was fighting this for a long time. Joe kept telling me that we needed to cut his hair, but I just couldn't bear to part with his sweet, wispy, baby blond locks. And I knew, I just knew that if we cut his hair he would seem less like a baby. So I put it off for months. And then over spring break our students started saying that he looked like Tom Brady and I began to realize that maybe the time had come!:) And yet I just couldn't bring myself to do it. At the start of last week Joe finally said that it was time. I guess I still thought I could hold him off a bit. And then last Wednesday morning I took Lily to the dentist and Joe stayed home with Eli. I didn't see it coming, but I'm sure you can. Yep, Lily and I came home to find Eli's sweet wispy locks gone! Gone!!! And I started crying. I was just shocked! Joe took him to a local barbershop for his first haircut. I wasn't upset or angry at all- I was just shocked that he did it (and a little sad that I didn't get to take pictures). But once I got over the shock I really did/do like it. Of course I do think he looks less like a baby and more like a little boy, but it does look so much better! In fact I actually love it. I think he might just be the cutest little boy ever and if you disagree I just dare you to look at this last picture again- totally ADORABLE!

No comments: