Thursday, September 8, 2011

Accidents Happen...

accident
accident2
accident3

Accidents happen...yes they do!

And we have had a few recently.

About a week and a half ago Lily was out riding her bike with Joe and Eli (while walking the dog) and she got going a little too fast down the hill, was a bit distracted and started heading for the curb, realized it at the last second and quickly jerked the other way and took a pretty good spill off of her bike. It seems as though her knee and nose took the brunt of it. Joe says that she was going so fast that if she hadn't been wearing her helmet things might have been pretty bad. She was fairly shaken up but took things pretty well. I'm relieved that we always have her wear her helmet and I am happy to hear that she's taking it a bit easier these days on the hill!:)

And then there was me...about two weeks ago I was playing with the kids and putting laundry away when I tripped over a doll, bent my foot over, and caught my big toenail...thus tearing off about 90% of my nail. There was blood and I quickly wrapped it in a towel and hid myself in the bathroom shakily trying to reassure my kids that everything was fine. I'll spare you the rest of the details but I can assure you that it wasn't pretty and that I now know why some countries use this as a means of torture!

Yep, accidents happen...but we are so thankful that none of these accidents landed us in the emergency room!

No comments: