Thursday, September 15, 2011

Blue Hill State Fair!

Fair
Fair2
Fair3
Fair4
Fair5
Fair6
Fair7
Fair8
Fair9
Fair10
Fair11

Last week on our day off we went to the Blue Hill State Fair! It was our first fair this year and our first time at this fair in particular so I was excited! I have to admit that I was a little disappointed at first- the fair was a little more "carney" and a little less country fair than I was hoping. But in the end we had fun, we splurged on the sort-of-scary (and very expensive) carnival rides (two of them at least), and enjoyed the fair for what it was. Lily insisted on riding the merry-go-round (even though it was our 3rd one this summer) and Eli LOVED the ferris wheel. And...you should have seen the delight on Lily's face when I handed her the biggest stick of cotton candy either of us has ever seen!:) Our favorites were the flying dog disc show (those dogs are crazy talented) and the Timber Tina Lumberjack Show! We've seen the whole lumberjack show before down near Acadia National Park (before we had kids) and we've been wanting to take the kids so this was a fun treat (though we still want to go see the whole show- this was just a glimpse)! During the show one of the "lumberjills" carved a cute little chair out of a stump and choose a little one from the audience to keep the chair. Yep, she picked Eli. I'd like to believe he was picked because he's the cutest little boy ever, but it may also have had something to do with the fact that we were in the front row right in front of her!:) They brought us up front and of course Eli refused to sit on the chair (he was a bit scared I think) so they made me sit on it (quite funny as it is quite a little chair)! Good times, good times! And once we got home Eli loved sitting on his chair...and a few days later I was able to snap these pictures of my all too adorable little ones! So the fair may not have been all we were hoping for, but it was a fun time none-the-less!

No comments: