Thursday, September 27, 2012

Soccer!!!

Lily started soccer for the first time last week!  She is just too precious in her little cleats and soccer uniform!     And, ummm, I have to admit that her coach is rather cute too!:)  Yep, that's right, Joe is her soccer coach!  Her first practice last week didn't go all that well.  Let's just say that it came after a long day of school, friends, library camp and mama forgetting to pack a snack.  I wasn't there, but I believe there were tears, lots of fussing, hunger, and apparently exhaustion...but no actual practicing.  Poor Joe.  He had his hands full last week.  But Lily rebounded for her first soccer game a few days later.

Soccer4 (1 of 1) Soccer2 (1 of 1) Soccer3 (1 of 1) Soccer5 (1 of 1) Soccer6 (1 of 1) The game was actually a lot of fun. The kids did great (much better than I was expecting) and I really enjoyed all of the other kids and parents on our team! Lily had fun playing and was such a great team player cheering everybody else on. And Eli...we'll he wanted to play too- in fact at one point he got to about center field before I was able to chase him down (I think he's going to be hard to hold back as the season goes on)!:) Lily just finished her 2nd practice...and she practiced (though the poor thing did trip and fall and bite her tongue hard...there was bleeding...but she rebounded and came back and practiced)- I was so proud of her. And my hubby, the soccer coach, did great with the kids! And do you know what else? This mama just got hired to do all of the soccer portraits this fall for our town's rec center (where Lily is playing)!! Looks like we are a full fledged soccer family now!

No comments: